Oh! Thank you for that catch.
The cost was fixed for the mixlogit model. I should have deleted that.
Thank you!!!
Important: Read this before posting to this forum
- This forum is for questions related to the use of Apollo. We will answer some general choice modelling questions too, where appropriate, and time permitting. We cannot answer questions about how to estimate choice models with other software packages.
- There is a very detailed manual for Apollo available at http://www.ApolloChoiceModelling.com/manual.html. This contains detailed descriptions of the various Apollo functions, and numerous examples are available at http://www.ApolloChoiceModelling.com/examples.html. In addition, help files are available for all functions, using e.g. ?apollo_mnl
- Before asking a question on the forum, users are kindly requested to follow these steps:
- Check that the same issue has not already been addressed in the forum - there is a search tool.
- Ensure that the correct syntax has been used. For any function, detailed instructions are available directly in Apollo, e.g. by using ?apollo_mnl for apollo_mnl
- Check the frequently asked questions section on the Apollo website, which discusses some common issues/failures. Please see http://www.apollochoicemodelling.com/faq.html
- Make sure that R is using the latest official release of Apollo.
- Users can check which version they are running by entering packageVersion("apollo").
- Then check what is the latest full release (not development version) at http://www.ApolloChoiceModelling.com/code.html.
- To update to the latest official version, just enter install.packages("apollo"). To update to a development version, download the appropriate binary file from http://www.ApolloChoiceModelling.com/code.html, and install the package from file
- If the above steps do not resolve the issue, then users should follow these steps when posting a question:
- provide full details on the issue, including the entire code and output, including any error messages
- posts will not immediately appear on the forum, but will be checked by a moderator first. We check the forum at least twice a week. It may thus take a couple of days for your post to appear and before we reply. There is no need to submit the post multiple times.
Search found 5 matches
- 18 Jul 2023, 17:25
- Forum: Errors during model validation and/or estimation.
- Topic: Log-likelihood calculation fails at values close to the starting values!
- Replies: 10
- Views: 68543
- 07 Jul 2023, 22:15
- Forum: Errors during model validation and/or estimation.
- Topic: Log-likelihood calculation fails at values close to the starting values!
- Replies: 10
- Views: 68543
Re: Log-likelihood calculation fails at values close to the starting values!
Dear Stephane,
No, the MNL as mentioned earlier, had similar error.
Please see below, the codes I used and the output as well.
Thank you.
*******************************************************************************************
## Clear memory
> rm(list = ls())
> #gc()
>
> ### Set Directory ...
No, the MNL as mentioned earlier, had similar error.
Please see below, the codes I used and the output as well.
Thank you.
*******************************************************************************************
## Clear memory
> rm(list = ls())
> #gc()
>
> ### Set Directory ...
- 07 Jul 2023, 18:18
- Forum: Errors during model validation and/or estimation.
- Topic: Log-likelihood calculation fails at values close to the starting values!
- Replies: 10
- Views: 68543
Re: Log-likelihood calculation fails at values close to the starting values!
Hi Stephane,
Below is the output for the simple preference space model:
Thank you.
************************************************
>
> ## Clear memory
> rm(list = ls())
>
> ### Set Directory ###
>
> ### Load Apollo ###
> library(tidyverse)
> library(magrittr)
> library(kableExtra)
> library ...
Below is the output for the simple preference space model:
Thank you.
************************************************
>
> ## Clear memory
> rm(list = ls())
>
> ### Set Directory ###
>
> ### Load Apollo ###
> library(tidyverse)
> library(magrittr)
> library(kableExtra)
> library ...
- 06 Jul 2023, 00:56
- Forum: Errors during model validation and/or estimation.
- Topic: Log-likelihood calculation fails at values close to the starting values!
- Replies: 10
- Views: 68543
Re: Log-likelihood calculation fails at values close to the starting values!
Hi Stephane,
Thank you for your response.
I tried the simple MNL model first but with different data (I use the apollo_swissRouteChoiceData example provided). And all was ok. When I started off with this data, I get stuck with the error even with the simple model.
I think maybe I might be doing ...
Thank you for your response.
I tried the simple MNL model first but with different data (I use the apollo_swissRouteChoiceData example provided). And all was ok. When I started off with this data, I get stuck with the error even with the simple model.
I think maybe I might be doing ...
- 03 Jul 2023, 18:31
- Forum: Errors during model validation and/or estimation.
- Topic: Log-likelihood calculation fails at values close to the starting values!
- Replies: 10
- Views: 68543
Log-likelihood calculation fails at values close to the starting values!
Hi Stephane and David,
I am having a challenging situation for some time now regarding my model and your assistance would be of great help.
I have my model set up to the best of my knowledge and I think everything runs pretty well up to the estimation stage.
That is at the stage where I have to ...
I am having a challenging situation for some time now regarding my model and your assistance would be of great help.
I have my model set up to the best of my knowledge and I think everything runs pretty well up to the estimation stage.
That is at the stage where I have to ...